Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fake Headboard

First, let me say I haven't watched the finale for Project Runway, but I do know who won and I'm gutted. However, I'm sure Mondo will have a bright, colorful future, even if Gretchen did win the final prize. I'm not really a fan of the slouchy, Boho aesthetic she uses. It doesn't suit my body type or lifestyle. I know Nina Garcia is pregnant, but I don't know what Michael Kors's excuse is...

Way back when I was a single girl, I didn't have a headboard that matched the furniture in my bedroom. One day, I found these really cool wrought-iron rose trellises and decided to use those as a non-traditional headboard. The only drawback was I had to attach them to the wall using cable nails so they wouldn't rattle and make marks on the wall.




When the Boy and I moved into our current house, we put my furniture in a spare room in the basement, which we use as a guest room. The trellises were still lovely, but we hadn't secured them to the wall, which was a bit of a problem for guests and when the Bean and the Belly decided they needed to jump on the bed.
I needed a quiet, inexpensive solution that still looked pretty. At Target (god, how I love Target), I found some cool wall stickers that were the perfect thing (please forgive my ugly bed-making skills).





I love this new trend in decoration. They're cheap, fun and you can take them off and re-position them as many times as you need to. Which was good for me, as I put these up after a nice relaxing bath with a tasty beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment