Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ruffle T-Shirt Refashion

I have an amazing supply of plain t-shirts. Scoop, crew, v-neck, usually in a nice jewel tone or black or gray. The Merona brand from Target is my favorite. But right now, the trend is for embellished shirts, with sequins, ribbons and ruffles. I tend not to do a lot of emphasis on my top half, since I have broad shoulders and a big chest, so I passed on the fancy shirts.



Until I found some really cute stuff on Pinterest (go figure). This tutorial for vertical ruffles caught my eye, but then I found this one, with two long ruffles and buttons, and decided to go for it.


I had a dark gray shirt that was getting too short, so I cut the sleeves off that for the ruffles and put them on a light gray, scoop-neck t-shirt. I had a bunch of black buttons in my stash, from projects that never happened, so this whole new shirt didn't cost me anything. It was so quick and easy, the longest thing to do was hand-sewing the buttons on.



For my next refashion project, I may do the vertical ruffle shirt or one of the other beautiful shirts from the same site.

No comments:

Post a Comment