Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fabric Headbands

  A new year needs new hair, right? I decided to chop off my hair into a fun pixie cut a few weeks ago. I really love it. It's so easy to take care of, but I do still have an occasional bad hair day. I decided to make some headbands to hide any crazy poufs or just liven up an outfit.

 I found a pattern at Happy Together for a double-sided fabric headband. I prefer headbands that tie, because the elastic ones scrunch up too much, especially with short hair.  I taped the two pattern pieces together and then extended the end a few more inches. I left a 3-inch opening near the middle for turning. The Dritz turning tools came in very handy here. A little topstitching and I was all done. Two headbands took about 20 minutes and were free since I used scrap fabric.

I figure this wide-headband look will be very popular with the new Great Gatsby movie coming out soon. Who can't use a little 20's glamour in her life?
From Minus Minions
From Minus Minions

No comments:

Post a Comment