Friday, September 16, 2011

One apron, two ways



My friend, S, is raising money to walk in the Atlanta Breast Cancer walk this fall and is hosting a silent auction to help. I was very happy to make a few things, which will hopefully sell, to assist.



I found the Shimmy, Shake and Bake apron and coordinating Too Hot to Handle oven mit in Denyse Schmidt's Quilts book. (Side note: I'm still working on the bed quilt. I'm quilting by hand during naptime, so it's taking a while.)


I had a bunch of Paris-themed fabric left over from some other projects, so I started with that. The scale of the fabric pattern worked really well with the piecing for the apron pocket. I was even able to cut the Eiffel Tower out so it worked in the design. And I thought the pink was a nice counterpoint to the black, and also fits with the breast cancer awareness theme.



























I also had a bunch of fabric left over from making dresses for The Bean last summer, so I went ahead and made a second set. It's a little more 60's-ish, with the colors and dots, but also fun and funky.




They were really easy and quick to put together, and I was able to use fabric I already had in my stash. I highly recommend these patterns if you want to make a personalized home-type gift for someone.


We'll see how they sell this weekend.



















No comments:

Post a Comment