Friday, August 10, 2012

Matching Quilt Pillowcases


I finally figured out what kind of pillowcases I wanted to make to match my Bunch of Squares Quilt.  I thought through a bunch of different designs and filtered out the ones that were more labor intensive.  After spending over a year on the quilt itself, I wanted to finish the cases quickly.

I went with a stripes of varying width design because I didn't want to be too match-matchy and I wanted to highlight the flower print.  I winged the pattern, and was happy it all worked out.

I measured a standard pillow, which was 26" x 19.5".  I wanted a little extra room in case I upgraded to a king-size pillow and needed a bit of room for seam allowances, so I wanted my finished dimensions to be 28" x 21".  For the envelope back, I cut two pieces of 17" x 21".


I'm really pleased with the way it all turned out.  I don't know if I'm ready to do another project this big right away, but definitely sometime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment