Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vogue 1050 Pants

I saw the pattern for these pants on a banner ad on a website and was intrigued. Could I make them? Could I actually get away with wearing them? Will they be flattering?  A massive sale at JoAnn's let me buy the fabric cheap enough so I wouldn't minds to much if the answers to those questions was "No".  I got peachskin in black and cream and found some cream frog closures at MJTrim.com.

I was worried the peachskin would be a pain to work with, but, honestly, it wasn't too bad. I don't have a serger, so I just did a zig-zag stitch over the edge to keep the fraying to a minimum.

Back zippers don't really work for me, so I altered the pattern a bit.  I made the waistband all elastic and cut the back waistband piece to match the front.  To make sure I would have enough room to get them over my hips, I cut the waist one size larger than the hips.  The frog closures I got were a little larger than the ones in the pattern, and as I'm a little shorter than the model, I only used two.


I think these would look so cute with black Converse and a t-shirt. Might just be my new uniform for the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment