Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Serged Infinity Scarf

  The final project in my serger class was an infinity scarf made with a knit and ribbon accents on one side and a woven on the other. The ribbons are woven through the ladders of a flatlock stitch and the top and bottom are sewn with a regular overlock with some decorative thread.

I wanted to do something other than my usual black/white/grey pattern fabric. I found a beautiful flower fabric in the quilting section. It had red, grey, pink and yellow; colors I can fit into my usual clothing rotation but different enough for a little oomph. I found a pretty red interlock and grey satin ribbon and bulky nylon thread.
It was really easy to make. So easy, that I decided I needed another one. I raided my stash and found a bunch of my favorite Paris map fabric and some soft black knit. I made this one a little narrower and used a white grosgrain and some of the leftover grey satin ribbon.

I really love these. I hope the Infinity Scarf trend doesn't peter out next fall so I can wear these all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment