Monday, November 11, 2013

Peter Pan Quilt

A good friend of mine is in the process of trying to add a new member to her family, which means daydreaming about the nursery (i.e. pinning ideas on Pinterest). She's decided to go with a "Peter Pan" theme, a fun, whimsical theme that suits either gender.

Me, being me, decided to make a quilt for her, one that could be used as a wall decoration, place to crawl around, or even for snuggling. I found a great one with 5 panels--the Big Ben clock, the Darling children flying, Peter Pan flying, Captain Hook and the Indian Chief in the clouds, and, of course, Tinkerbell. I found coordinating star and stripe fabrics and one with famous phrases from the book.
I quilted around the shapes in the main panels, stitched in the ditch around the stripe sashing and sewed alternating stars and hearts in the blue rectangles. 

The back is a thick knit in two shades of blue and I used a thick batting for extra protection from bumps on the floor.
From Minus Minions

My friend loved it! Time will see how the future little one reacts to it.







No comments:

Post a Comment