Monday, February 3, 2014

Browncoat Love Quilt

I have a new fabric addiction: Spoonflower. It's a great website where anyone can upload fabric designs that can be printed on cotton, silk, wrapping paper, etc. It's like vanity publishing for fabric. 

I found some great "Firefly" fabric that I had to use (That's "Firefly" the Joss Whedon tv show, not the bug). Really, who can resist Nathan Fillion and Morena Baccarin in small cartoon form?

I also found fabric with lots of quotes from the show

And some fabric with the Chinese symbol for "serenity" (the name of the ship).

I added a dark red, dark brown and cream to balance out all the patterns.
From Minus Minions


Next up, Doctor Who and the TARDIS. Maybe I can make something that's bigger on the inside...















No comments:

Post a Comment