Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cardboard box playhouse

My oldest girl, The Bean, loved "making a house" out of those interlocking floor mats in our playroom downstairs, so I thought she might like a playhouse. I remembered seeing some cardboard playhouses at Costco and did a Google search to see if I could still find any. I did, but even better, I found instructions on how to make my own. As we have a million boxes in our garage from various carseats, toys and diapers, I figured this was something I could do fairly cheaply and easily.
I did have to get some more duct tape, so while I was at the hardware store, I picked up 2 jars of sample paint and then got some stencils and craft paint at the craft store.



The walls of the house.




Half of the roof on.



Fully built.



All decorated!
The girls absolutely love it. It took a few days, mostly due to me working only during naptime to keep distractions down, but it honestly wasn't too hard to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment