Monday, July 12, 2010

Is it possible to love a cookbook too much?

Living "at altitude" makes baking tricky. Air pressure differences wreak havoc with any variety of chemical reactions, leading to fallen/dry/crumbly/etc. baked goods. I've usually dealt with this by just decreasing the leavening or sugar and things have turned out pretty well.

Now, I'm baked out of my mind, thanks to Pie in the Sky. I can't stop making things from this book. The angel food cake... The devil's food cake... The butter cake...

And now I'm all about making bread. The basic bread recipe is delicious, and I moved on to the cinnamon-raisin and honey whole wheat variations. Today, I went out and got a bunch of eggs to try the Challah. What are the bets that I eat the entire loaf all to myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment