Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Heartbroken

I broke my oven. I think I feel faint.



I was making dinner the other night and when I went to check on it, the door wouldn't open. And it smelled like the oven was on Clean, even though the display read 400 deg. I had an error message on the display and the manual was less than helpful.



I couldn't turn the oven off no matter what buttons I pushed or knobs I turned.



The Boy and I decided to unplug the oven, but when he grabbed the door handle, it cracked into a million pieces (but didn't shatter thanks to the safety glass). So, we turned off the power to the stove from the circuit breaker.



Now, I can survive (for a short while, at least) without an oven, but I can't survive without an oven AND a rangetop. No boiling water, no sauteeing, no pan frying. Imagine it.



After all, if I get an unalterable urge to bake, I can get an Easy Bake Oven and a bunch of lightbulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment