Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Strawberry Sorbet

It's summer and that means strawberries are everywhere. I buy a lot of them, for an easy breakfast for me and the girls, so sometimes I'll have a package or two in the fridge, just languishing with nothing to do.





If you have somewhere fun and/or fancy to go, the Red Velvet Strawberry Short Cake is one way to go. Smoothies are another. Sorbet is yet another. And, what a way it is...





As with a lot of recipes I try, this one is from King Arthur Flour. Subscribing to their newsletters and paper catalogues are a sure way to get into trouble. And I mean that in the best way.





This amazing strawberry sorbet can be made as either a more granita-esque dessert or a more traditional churned concoction. I have only made the churned version, but I bet the other way is great, too. It calls for fresh lemon or lime juice, but I had most of a bottle of Key Lime Juice left over from the Key Lime Mousse Pie, so I used that instead. I think it offsets the sweetness from the simple syrup and berries very nicely.

I've made this twice and it's a cooling treat in this crazy, hot summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment