Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ornament Wreath

I didn't really need a new door wreath for the holidays, but, let's be honest, I really wanted one. However, I wanted a fun, bold wreath that wouldn't break the bank. Which, is a little harder to find.

On Pinterest, I found a fun wreath that didn't cost too much money; it just required some ornaments and a wire hanger. (Go ahead, make the Mommy Dearest joke. You know you want to.)



I found a set of shatter-proof ornaments at Costco for $20. Somehow, I didn't have a glue gun, so I popped over to JoAnn's and got one (seriously, how did I not have a glue gun?) and started on my wreath.

The tops of my ornaments didn't slide up, but I put a ring of glue around the base to secure everything. I grabbed a hanger from The Boy's closet, put some Vampire Diaries on (if you don't watch this show, you really should), and started stringing ornaments.

It's best to mix sizes, so they can slide snugly on the wire. There's really no rhyme or reason needed, unless you're set on a particular color pattern.

I didn't have any wire cutters, so I used some pliers to wrap the wire around the hook at the top and tied a nice ribbon to hide it.

Like I said, I got my ornaments for cheap at Costco, but if you're willing to wait, you could get some on sale after the holidays and stash them for next year. It's a quick, cheap and extremely easy project that has a lot of impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment