Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Plane Activity Kit

The holidays are here, which often means travelling. We've tried to get everything down to a science when going on plane trips with the girls. Snacks, DVDs, games on the iPad, the usual suspects. For our trip to visit my parents in Florida for Thanksgiving, I took an idea from something I found on Pinterest, and made activity boxes with all sorts of fun things in them.











I got plain, clear plastic craft storage boxes to hold everything. I personalized each box with the girls' names and some fun travel images. Inside, I had beads (in little, plastic pill-type boxes), string, pipe cleaners, crayons, stickers and lots of different kinds of paper. The scrapbook section of the craft store has tons of paper with different textures, which I thought might make coloring more fun.


The boxes were a big hit. My oldest spent a good 30 minutes making a bead necklace and bracelet for grandma, and the little one had fun with some lacing cards and strings I'd packed for her. I was even able to read a few pages of my book while the girls were busy. I don't know the last time I was able to do that while on a plane with them!




No comments:

Post a Comment