Friday, March 2, 2012

iPod Case Stand

I'd been wanting to upgrade my iPod nano to an iPod touch for a long time, even more so when I saw this tutorial on All Free Sewing for a case stand.

It's a great way to use up scrap fabric and batting.  I had a bunch of this Eiffel Tower and black/pink polka dot Michael Miller fabric from another project.
 I made one change to the pattern--instead of using triangles for the corner holders, I made an elastic casing with pink bias tape.  I wanted to be able to plug my iPod into my audio jack in my car without taking it out of the case.
 I also made the snap tab out of the bias tape.  Partly for design cohesion, partly because I'm lazy.
This was a really easy project, especially after watching the video at the bottom of the tutorial.  I might find some more cute fabric, maybe some fat quarters, and make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment