Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fabric-Covered-Button Rings


I've been on a big accessory kick lately.  I think it's because now the girls are older, I want to move out of a yoga-pants/stained-shirt look to something more polished. Well, at least when I leave the house.

I found a tutorial for some great fabric rings, but my execution was sorely lacking.  The ones I made looked really "home sewn", and didn't give the right "punch of color", if you understand where I'm going.

I was still intrigued by the whole "fabric ring" concept and, some searching on Pinterest led me to fabric-covered-button rings. I found success!

From Minus Minions
I used fabric from a couple fat quarters, I tried to find fabric with smaller prints that would translate well onto such a small surface.  I had a bit of a hard time finding ring blanks with pads, neither JoAnns nor Michaels had them, but I found some at Hobby Lobby.

I didn't use the extra button in the linked tutorial since the button fit snugly over the ring blank pad.  I also brushed a couple coats of Modge Podge on the buttons as a last step, to keep the fabric clean.

I absolutely love them.  I might make more, or even try making a bracelet or a necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment