Saturday, September 18, 2010

What Evil Chocolate Goodness to Cook Up Next?

I'm working slowly on the Hot Patterns Tokyo Joe Top and Tunic and I will post more about that later, but while I'm basting and ripping out seams, I'm trying to figure out what deliciously evil thing I can bake next.

I have a bunch of buttermilk left over from the Buttermilk Lemon Curd Ice Cream, so I was thinking about making a devil's food cake from Pie in the Sky. Then, I came across 2 ingredients with so much gooey, decadent potential.

Item 1: Justin's Nut Butter, specifically the Chocolate Hazelnut Butter. Since I'd just made a chocolate cheesecake, I immediately thought of a swirled cheesecake, mixing some of the hazelnut butter in with a vanilla batter and letting them mingle and sing. I also thought about brownies, warm and chewy.

Item 2: Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips. I had never seen these before, until I was looking for some cocoa at Target and found them with the other chocolate chip products in the baking aisle. Oh, wow. Brownies, again, are a no-brainer, but the cookie recipe on the back looks like a good place to start (and my friend S. says they are divine) so I might start with that. It looks like it has enough flour for a decent high-altitude recipe, but I might check it against my favorite chocolate chip recipe and see if I need to make any adjustments.

Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment