Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homemade Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer

It's a nice little marketing trick, offering seasonal products. St. Patrick's Day shakes, frozen lemonade (any RI people figure out how to ship out Del's lemonade?), Cadbury Creme Eggs.

I've taken to hoarding International Delight's Chocolate Mint Truffle creamer during the Christmas season and it's a sad day when I use up the last bottle. Coffee Mate has started to offer their version year round, but it doesn't taste as good to me. I thought about a bunch of different ways to make my own, but none was really appealing. Until I found Peppermint Stevia at a local health food store.

Stevia is a natural, no-calorie sweetener. It comes in powder and liquid form and now some genius has created flavored Stevia. I found Vanilla, Lemon, Almond and Chocolate varieties at the store. A whole world of possibilities!

To make my own creamer, I put 3/4 dropper Stevia, some half and half and chocolate syrup in my mug, then stir and add coffee. It's awesome because it's totally customizable and, if you use milk instead, probably more healthy than the original product.

I might have to go out and get the other varieties and see what other concotions I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment