Saturday, June 11, 2011

Paris Dresses

I love Paris. I've been there twice and can't wait until the girls are old enough and we can take a trip there together. So I was very excited when a friend gave me a dress that had all sorts of whimsical drawings of Paris life on it for the Bean. She loved it. Wore it constantly, especially with her pink cowboy boots. I called it her "Paris, Texas" look.



When she started growing out of it, I wanted to make her a replacement, and I figured I'd make one for the Belly, too. For a brief moment, I thought about making me a matching skirt, but then I realized that would be too twee and I'm not that person.






I found some great fabric with a stylized map of Paris on it at Fabric.com. I already had a simple dress pattern from Butterick, so I was good to go.




My friend S and I decided that the dress by itself "needed" something, so I added 3 hot pink buttons and hot pink grosgrain ribbon trim on the bottom to anchor it. I'm very pleased with the dresses. So much, I'm thinking about making "France-y Pants" lounging pants for me out of the fabric. (I've actually made a few pairs of lounge pants with Paris-theme fabric. More about those later, probably.) But I promise I won't wear them outside of the house when the girls are wearing their dresses.



No comments:

Post a Comment