Monday, July 16, 2012

5K Recovery Kit

I ran my first 5k this past weekend!  I didn't finish first, I didn't DFL (dead f*cking last, as my dad would say), but I did finish, and I am a little proud of myself.

I ran with 2 friends and decided to make them little 5k Recovery Kits.  I didn't have time to make them all fancy, so it was just little Ziplock containers and a plain gift bag.  
Magnesium is really good for muscle recovery, so I gave them Calm Plus, a calcium and magnsium powder; and Tired Old Ass Soak (which you have to get just for the name), which is an epsom salt bath mixture with good essential oils like rosemary and eucalyptus.  

To help tired feet, I made a batch of Peppermint Foot Slather.  This stuff is seriously awesome and easy to make.  The neem oil does have a strong smell, but it's totally worth it. My feet are always so smooth the next morning.

And, of course, I gave them brownies. Because who doesn't love brownies? Especially if you don't feel guilty because you just ran 3 miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment