Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stripe Play Maxi Skirt

I've finally succumbed to the siren call of maxi skirts.  However, I can't buy them off the rack, as I have to cut off a bunch of fabric from the hem so I'm not tripping constantly.

The easiest maxi skirt is just a tube of fabric with an elastic waist and narrow hem.  I decided to get a little more fancy and make this Stripe Play Maxi Skirt.  I traced a skirt I already had and cut the panels, per the diagram in the tutorial, adding 1/2" seam allowances.   It was very easy.


I got my fabric from Fabric.com.  It is a touch more light and sheer than I was expecting, but that's not a bad thing for a summer skirt.  My stripes go a differrent way than the fabric in the tutorial, but that doesn't make that much of a difference to me.  

I've received a lot of compliments already.  I love wearing it because it's so comfy yet stylish.  And it goes perfectly with flip-flops!

No comments:

Post a Comment