Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bunch of Squares Quilt

After 13 months, I've finally finished the Denyse Schmidt Bunch of Squares quilt.  Granted I didn't work on it the entire year, but it was a queen-sized quilt and the largest thing I've ever worked on.

I really love the way it turned out.  The bright red, cream and floral prints go together so nicely.  It's elegant but it has a lot of personality.  I pieced the top together on my machine, but did all the quilting by hand.  A lot of work, but I find hand-quilting soothing and a good thing to do while watching TV.

The blocks aren't all squared up evenly, so some of the quilting is off center a bit.  Other blocks have a subtle print as part of the red inside border.





Now I have to figure out what kind of matching/coordinating pillowcases to make to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment