Friday, July 20, 2012

Tie-Dye Shirts with Sharpies

I've been trying to be better about sitting down with the girls and doing some kind of project together, especially since it's summer.  Somehow, playing in the pool, playing in the backyard, playing with the dog and eating and sleeping seem to take up most of our days.  Not that those things are bad, but the hours just get away from me, even with my best intentions.

Yesterday I finally got my act together and the girls made tie-dyed shirts with Sharpies.  This project is so easy and so mcuh fun.  Both girls got to color with whatever colors they wanted and they loved watching the colors spread together when we put the rubbing alcohol on them.

At the end, we didn't use the cups and the results were just as nice.  I made sure to cut pieces of cardboard to put inside to keep the colors from bleeding through.

The Bean's shirt looks a bit more 80's grafitti style:
While The Belly's is a little more hippy and summer like:


No comments:

Post a Comment